Mobile home pest control tips and tricks for manufactured homeowners are generally the same as those for conventionally constructed homes.
There are however some particular areas that deserve special attention.
These are particularly easy to overlook.
The mobile home skirting should be checked for holes and cracks which will appear eventually from exposure to the UV rays in sunlight particularly in the southern states.
If you use a “weed wacker” or “strimmer” to keep your yard edges trimmed and looking neat these machines will throw acorns and other debris against the skirting causing holes that make access easy to local pests.
The underbelly which holds the floor insulation in place is also an area that can deteriorate over time.
What Household Pests Can we Expect in Florida?
- Rats and mice
- Snakes and lizards
- Insects ants cockroaches
and other pests can be a major source of annoyance for any homeowner.
So before we take a look at the preventative measures, let’s examine what can happen if we leave these creepy critters to their own devices……
- Increased electric bills from both holes in the underbelly and more directly from holes in a/c ductwork.
- Holes in the roof, behind gutters and fascia causing ceiling and drywall damage.
- Vapor barrier holes caused by digging creatures.
- Digging under piers does cause major leveling issues and can disturb foundations piers.
Here are are some simple mobile home pest control preventative measures
- Check your homes underbelly regularly.
- Keep a/c ductwork off the ground.
- Patch all holes in skirting immediately.
- Clean out gutters especially after fall.
Always contact a mobile home pest control professional if the problem is too much to handle by yourself.